Thursday, November 19, 2015

HOLIDAY HAPPINESS: Book Review: Ensnared by A.G. Howard


Title: Ensnared (Splintered #3)
Author: A.G. Howard
Publisher: Amulet Books
Release Date: January 6, 2015
Format Read: Hardback

Description from Goodreads: After surviving a disastrous battle at prom, Alyssa has embraced her madness and gained perspective. She's determined to rescue her two worlds and the people and netherlings she loves. Even if it means challenging Queen Red to a final battle of wills and wiles... and even if the only way to Wonderland, now that the rabbit hole is closed, is through the looking-glass world-- a parallel dimension filled with mutated and violent netherling outcasts. In the final installment of the wildly popular Splintered trilogy, Alyssa and her dad journey into the heart of magic and mayhem in search of her mom and to set right all that's gone wrong. Together with Jeb and Morpheus, they must salvage Wonderland from the decay and destruction that ensnared it. But if they succeed and come out alive, can everyone truly have their happily ever after?



ENSNARED was my favorite of the trilogy, hands down. It flipped so many things and turned elements on their heads, and it was a stunningly beautiful conclusion. It even made me change teams... Goodbye #TeamJeb, Hello #TeamMothra. I never thought I'd say that, yet here we are. What have you done to me, ENSNARED? 

Though I have to say that there was something about the book that bugged me, but for spoilery reasons, I cannot explain or tell you why: The ending... I wasn't in love with it. (Poor miss A.G. Howard knows this already, as I tweeted her quite furiously about it and may or may not have accosted her at NTTBF about it... *looks away, whistles*)  The ending did not satisfy me, which is why I'm extremely pumped for UNTAMED, which comes out in a mere ***25 DAYS***

Four stars to ENSNARED, which was beautiful and near perfect and YES. If you read book one, if you read book two, you have to read book three. Even if you didn't like either of them (Is that possible?) you have to read the third one. It tops the first two books and shimmers in all of it's netherling glory, and as far as conclusion books, it definitely makes my Top Five list.

Happily,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment