Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#9): This is Where it Ends




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that hilights upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.





Title: This Is Where It Ends
Author: Marieke Nijkamp
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: January 5, 2016

Description from Goodreads: 10:00 a.m.
The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.

10:02 a.m.
The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.

10:03 a.m.
The auditorium doors won't open.

10:05 a.m.
Someone starts shooting.

Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes from four different perspectives, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.

So. While this may be a pretty heavy topic, I'm hoping that THIS IS WHERE THE WORLD ENDS will be just as emotional and distressing as it sounds. I've been seeing mixed ARC reviews and comments in the book-o-sphere, but I'm still curious to see where Nijkamp takes this one. If executed correctly, I feel like TIWTWE could be one of the best books of the year.

I like reads that make me rethink things. The ones that give me a new perspective. The ones that really make me feel something. 

It is my hope that THIS IS WHERE THE WORLD ENDS will turn out to be a phenomenon of a book, and I can't wait until it hits shelves so I can find out whether my hope has been realized.

Happily,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment