Sunday, February 2, 2014

Book Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

>
     The first book- I had my doubts.    
     The second book- It got better.   
     The third book- It stole my heart.
  
     The story of Tessa, Will, and Jem is continued in Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, as they search for Mortmain and work to keep Charlotte at the Head of the Institute. When Jesssamine is brought back home to the Institute from the Silent City, Mortmain sends his Automatons to attack the Shadowhunters. It's a bloody fight, with lives lost, and amongst it all, Tessa is kidnapped and taken to Mortmain's hide out. To make things worse, Jem falls suddenly and deathly ill from the lack of yen fin, and Will is torn in two. Should he stay with his parabatai, or go after the girl he loves- his best friend's fiancee? When Jem, on his death bed, sends Will to go rescue Tessa, his best friend agrees, reluctantly, and the story is set in it's direction.
     I genuinely loved this book. The love triangle is the only true triangle I've read about, where each person loves the other two with all of their heart. All of the relationships in this book are so true and endearing, and with the story based in the 1800's, I couldn't get enough.
     Conclusion as it may be, the ending of the series was perfect in my eyes. I won't give any spoilers, but you will need a box of tissues more than once throughout the book. I advise you not to wear mascara while reading Clockwork Princess- all of mine came off on tissues.   
     I would recommend this book to any fans of Mortal Instruments, and if you've read The first two of the Infernal Devices series, you definitely need to read the finale book. I cannot give this book enough praise- not enough stars for me to rate it with!   
    
     "At last, the wheel comes full circle."

No comments:

Post a Comment