Monday, January 20, 2014

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

*Spoilers*

So I already knew the ending because so many people from Twitter love it and talk about it 24/7, so I didn't have that shock and awe, tears flowing type experience I would've normally had. But I can honestly say that this book has changed my life.

I read it in 5 hours, and I love how brutally honest Hazel is. She doesn't sugar coat anything, and she tells it like it is, the good, the bad, and the ugly. (Thank you Mr. John Green) Then when Augustus came into the story, I didn't want to put it down. He just brought the story to life, brightened the pages up a little. I loved the story, the disappointment with Van Houten in Amsterdam, everything was perfect. I managed to hold the tears until this line:

"Augustus Waters died eight days after his prefuneral...(cntd)"

From then on I had to have tissues, and had to take frequent breaks to clear the water from my eyes so that I could actually read the rest of the words. I like that the story ended in Gus' death, no matter how much I miss him now, because, just like AIA it shows that life doesn't always have a happy ending.

I would recommend this to everyone, really, because of the multitude of meanings behind it. I kind of went around in a stupor for about two hours after reading the last page, not because the story depressed me, but because there was so much to think about, and frankly, I really want my own Augustus.

This book has changed my life, I already know. I now look at everything in a much different way, and I'm probably going to be a lot more thoughtful from now on. My mind was pretty muddled after reading TFIOS, because I liked it, but I didn't get as attached to the characters as I usually do. Though I assure you, many many tears were shed over Augustus Waters, and I'll not soon forget his name.

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations"

No comments:

Post a Comment