Thursday, January 30, 2014

Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare


     Where do I begin?
    
      Clockwork Prince blew it's predecessor out of the water. I was thoroughly engrossed in this book; I started it as soon as I finished Clockwork Angel, and devoured it within 24 hours. It certainly did change my opinion on the series- In fact, it's incredibly painful to be typing this review, knowing that upstairs, Clockwork Princess is waiting for me. I was very pleased with the second of the Infernal Devices series.
     Tessa still doesn't know exactly what she is, but the race to find Mortmain and keep Charlotte running the Institute is on. While Tessa and the Shadowhunters search for answers about Mortmain, she finds herself lost in the arms of not only Will Herondale, but his best friend Jem Carstairs as well. As Will tries to find a the demon that cursed him, Tessa becomes closer to Jem, and their relationship strengthens. A question of loyalties, blood, and family, I don't want to give away too much.
     If you read Clockwork Angel, do not hesitate to dive into Clockwork Prince- it'll leave you breathless and longing for more, constantly on the edge of your seat (Or whatever the type of sitting area your favorite reading place consists of!).
     As with the Mortal Instruments, the series started out slow, but the second book went off with a bang from page one. Nothing but praise for Clockwork Prince from me.
    
     "To Love is to destroy, and to be loved is to be the one destroyed"

No comments:

Post a Comment