Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#6): Glass Sword


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that hilights upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.






Title: Glass Sword
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: February 9, 2016


Description from Goodreads: Mare Barrow's blood is red-- the color of common folk-- but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.


The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince-- the friend-- who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind.


Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join the struggle against her oppressors.


But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.

Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of the rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever?




If you saw my review of RED QUEEN then you know that I had some majorly positive feelings about book one. It hit me with feels, had me on the edge of my seat, not wanting to do anything but finish the book. And then when I finished, I had a spazz-out moment and immediately wanted more. I had to wait nearly a year, but here's the more, finally going to be released in February. Knowing how RED QUEEN ended, I desperately need GLASS SWORD. I NEED TO KNOW THINGS! 

This is definitely one of my most anticipated novels of 2016, and I just can't wait.

Happily,
Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment