Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Seize the Tuesday #19: #booksfortrade


 Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by myself and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’ve seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we’re reading. We’ll share our posts online with the hashtag: #LetsAllGetLost. 

     The idea is to share little ways in which you may have embraced Bree’s motto of seizing the Tuesday. To relate it to books, you can talk about what book you’re reading, and how you stole some moments from the day to enjoy reading. It doesn’t have to be about reading, but we all know that a well-read day is a day seized. The idea is not just to help spread the word on LGL, but also to remind people to live fully, even/especially if that means spending a part of your day reading

     If you're an active blogger on twitter, your heart probably just started racing when you read the title of this post. #booksfortrade has quite literally taken over many of our lives, and I'm not sure whether that's even a bad thing. 

     In case you haven't discovered the hashtag yet.. I don't know if I should tell you to stay away from it, for your own good and mental sanity, or if I should say GO GO RIGHT NOW GET ON TWITTER SEARCH THE HASHTAG ITS A LOVELY THING. Basically, if you have books that you don't want, you post a picture of them and use the hashtag, and someone (One of the many bloggers like myself who are refreshing the page every five seconds) will look at your stack. If they see something they like, they'll tweet you and try to trade you! It's helpful to post a wishlist with your picture, so that we can scan through your list and see if we have anything you want, but it's not always necessary.

     This is a great thing. I've made five or six trades, and so far I've gotten a lot of what I've been looking for. There are some people out there who will just give you their books because they want to clear out shelf space. They don't even want anything back. I personally have traded with a girl who gave me three recently pubbed ARCs, and all she wanted in return was a guest review for her blog. 

     I've been very pleased with this hashtag, and most of the people out there are genuinely excited to trade. Of course, you should always be cautious about who you trade with. If you don't know the person, be careful. We don't want any of you getting scammed! I can say that if you try to trade with me, I WILL NOT scam you, nor will I release your addy and personal information to anyone other than myself. 

    Following the end of YABE, up popped a helpful thing called Have You Seen This? It's where you... well, here's the link! In short, it's a way for people to post what they want, and for other people to contact them if they have it! SO HELPFUL.

     So if you're seizing your Tuesday the way I am, by refreshing your twitter feed every few minutes and looking for those certain books, GOOD LUCK! I hope you find what you're looking for! Unless you're looking for ARCs of Shiver, Linger, and Forever. Then I hope you don't find what you're looking for, because that is also what I am looking for ;)

     

No comments:

Post a Comment