Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Seize the Tuesday #17: Book Buying Ban, Amendment 1

     

Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by myself and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’ve seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we’re reading. We’ll share our posts online with the hashtag: #LetsAllGetLost. 

     The idea is to share little ways in which you may have embraced Bree’s motto of seizing the Tuesday. To relate it to books, you can talk about what book you’re reading, and how you stole some moments from the day to enjoy reading. It doesn’t have to be about reading, but we all know that a well-read day is a day seized. The idea is not just to help spread the word on LGL, but also to remind people to live fully, even/especially if that means spending a part of your day reading

     As a lot of you probably know, I put myself on a Book Buying Ban a few months ago. My fine print gave me the excuses that I could have new book, ONLY if they were given to me as gifts, or if they were sent to me (ARCs, etc). After living by this ban for many a month, I have decided to make an amendment to my contract with myself.
   
     There are quite a few books being released this year that I NEED to read, review, and be part of, and since I don't get ARCs every month like a lot of the big bloggers  (One day *starry eyes*)  I have come up with a solution.
     As of today, I will permit myself to buy ONLY new releases. If I find an older book that I want to read, I'll put it on a list, but won't buy it until I clear out my shelf of 2014 and previous years releases. That way I can keep up with the new releases, and in between releases I can work on clearing out that shelf.
     And wow, it's the fifth! I've created this Amendment to my contract in just enough time to run by Barnes and Noble and grab THE HEIR ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment