Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thursday Thinks: A Dog's Purpose


So, I'm not sure if you knew this or anything, but.... A DOG'S PURPOSE CAME OUT LAST FRIDAY!

I have been so excited for this release. When I found out it was in production, I was in celebration mode, because I hadn't met many people who had read the book, and now everyone would understand the greatness of it. 

In case you don't know, A Dog's Purpose is about a dog who lives many lives in different forms. Male, female, big dog, little dog, one owner, a family of owners, loving homes, and ones that aren't so loving. All throughout his many lives, this dog tries to find an answer to one question: What is his purpose in life?

Here's the Description from Goodreads: This is the remarkable story of one endearing dog's search for his purpose over the course of several lives. More than just another charming dog story, this touches on the universal answer to life's most basic question: Why are we here?

Surprised to find himself reborn as a rambunctious golden haired puppy after a tragically short life as a stray mutt, Bailey's search for his new life's meaning leads him into the loving arms of 8 year old Ethan. During countless adventures, Bailey joyously discovers how to be a good dog. But this life as a beloved family pet is not the end of Bailey's journey. Reborn as a puppy yet again, Bailey wonders, will he ever find his purpose?

Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh out loud funny, this book is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog's many lives, but also a dog's eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man's best friend. This story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose.

It was a very emotional read, so I came to the theater prepared. A box of tissues and a stack of napkins accompanied me to my showing, as well as my mom and my three best friends. 

Let me interrupt myself for a PSA: Don't assume guys don't want to see a movie because it's borderline chick-flicky. My three best friends are dudes and they were down to see A Dog's Purpose whenever I wanted. Granted, one of them only came because he knew I'd cry, but by the end of the movie he said he loved it. 

So we filed into the theater, and whoa. Let me tell you. It was a nearly spot-on adaptation. Everything was perfect-- I couldn't have asked for a better movie out of it-- and I was impressed. 

Though, I was glad I brought the tissues, because I cried a grand total of four times throughout the show. The positive thing about going to emotional movies with close guy friends is that they also bring napkins and provide shoulders to lean on.

If you have any connection to a dog, if you've ever loved one, this movie will get you. You could hear sobs echoing around the room-- it even made one of my guys cry, and none of them are even remotely emotional. 

If you're a dog lover, a Dennis Quaid lover, or a Britt Robertson lover, I suggest you watch this beautiful adaptation. 

Check out the trailer below! 


Happily,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment