Friday, March 27, 2015

The Liebster Award


I was nominated by Stephanie from Ohana Reads for the Liebster Award! Those who are nominated are to state 11 facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated them, nominate 11 other bloggers, and ask them 11 questions. So many elevens!



11 Facts About Me

1.) I have an intense love for Juicy Drop Pops.

2.) I received my first two ARCs from a very sweet lady at a book signing, and they were The Taking by Kimberly Derting and Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

3.) One of my best friends in the entire world recently got me obsessed with Avatar: The Last Airbender. It has taken over my life.

4.) Even though I love the way hardbacks look on my shelf, my favorite form of a novel is ARC form. I think there's something special in having a version of a book that may not be exactly the same as the version on everyone's shelves.

5.) I own enough hoodies to be able to wear a different one every day for a month. And the collection grows every time a family member goes somewhere new!

6.) I love going to bookish events, but I'm not a fan of going to them by myself. I'm very thankful that my mom likes to read and doesn't mind accompanying me.

7.) Something I can't live without is music. I'm always listening to something, and I believe that music is meant to be turned up loud or not listened to at all!

8.) I am definitely a foodie, and trying new things is extremely enjoyable for me. I haven't tried too many overly-crazy things, but I have tried alligator and that was an out-of-the-box experience for me. Pickled watermelon is at the top of my list of Things I'd Like to Try.

9.) I will instantly be friends with someone who knows what novel the phrase, "Stay gold, Ponyboy." comes from, and who is willing to sit and talk about it for an hour... uhm, I mean a minute...

10.) Though most people hate the smell of Play-Doh, I quite like it.

11.) I can be a little slow sometimes... It took me until literally last month to figure out that "Omen" and "ominous" were connected. Yeah, don't ask.. 




The 11 Questions Stephanie Asked Me


1.) What book has been on your TBR pile the longest?
I've had Tunnels by Roderick Gordon since I was eight, so that's been on my shelf for nearly ten years now. The version I have is a paperback, and as I was looking at it recently, I realized that it's actually an ARC! I found it supremely ironic that I had an ARC before I even knew what they were. 

2.) What book have you heard a bunch about, but haven't actually read and meant to?

As crazy as you may think I am, I never read the Harry Potter books, even though I love the movies. I want to read them, absolutely I do, I just have so many books on  my shelves right now that haven't been read, that I can't bring myself to buy the HP series when I know they'll just sit on the shelf for a while before I can get to them. 

I have to be honest with you, though... after seeing Deathly Hallows pt 1 in 2010, I bought a copy of the book and read it, because 13 year old me couldn't wait a year to find out what happens. I know, I know. Shame on me. It's one of the rules of fandom never to do it, but hey, I had no clue about said rules. I was an impatient 13 year old!

3.) What's your favorite drink to have while reading?

SPRITEEEEE! I am a Sprite fiend. It's all about the lack of caffeine, folks.

4.) Where's your favorite reading spot?

My favorite reading spot has to be my hammock. Mine is set up right next to our farm's orchard, with a great view of the field, and there's always enough of a breeze to have the hammock constantly swaying. 

5.) What's your favorite book TV/Movie adaptation?

Okay, there are a couple adaptations that tie as my favorites.

I know it's hard for most people to pick a single favorite book, but for me its The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I fell in love with that book in seventh grade and it has been my go-to favorite since then. They did make it into a movie, and I love the adaptation, so it's going to be my first choice!

Also, I'm going to be super cliche and say that The Fault In Our Stars has probably been one of my favorites. I have a deep adoration for that certain story and those specific characters, and seeing them on screen with a near-perfect outcome was fantastic for me.

I will say, though, that I am a mega Twihard, and Twilight was the first YA movie I ever watched, so those movies will always have a piece of my heart, no matter how corny they are now, and no matter how much people make fun of them.

6.) If you were a book character, which would you be?

Hazel Grace Lancaster, without a shadow of a doubt. Everyone notices it, and I cannot tell you how many times we'll be watching TFIOS and someone will say, "That's so you." I have absolutely no qualms with this whatsoever.

7.) What is the oldest book you've read that is your favorite?

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (And the rest of the books in the series) is one of only two classics I've ever read. I don't have much of a desire to read the classic literature, but I have read Little Women, and I enjoyed them immensely. (Fun fact: The other classic I've read is The Pearl by John Steinbeck)

8.) Who is your favorite character, and who would play them in a movie/TV show?

I love Jace from Mortal Instruments, and I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but if I could choose anyone to play him... I think I'd have to go with Colton Haynes. I've seen him play a sarcastic, angry teenager in Teen Wolf, and I know he could pull the attitude off. Dye his hair and we're good to go!  



9) What is your favorite music to listen to when you read?

I'm one of those people that can read in complete silence, but would rather read in a noisy environment. But I do listen to music when I read, and I love to listen to One Republic's Native. 

10.) Do you own any bookish items besides books? If so, what do you have? (Ex. Phone case, pillow, necklace.)

As I mentioned above, I'm a huge Twilight fan, so I have a ridiculous amount of merch-- messenger bags, dolls, purses-- basically, if they made it, I have it...

But I also have a good friend who makes book pendants as a hobby, the kind that are worn as a necklace, and so I have a couple of them and I LOVE!

Another thing I have is a nightstand that looks like a stack of giant books! They have titles and everything on the spines (All classics... is this a sign?)

11.) If you were a book character, what would your story be about?

If I were a book character, my story would be about what it's like to have a heart condition!





11 Questions For The Bloggers I Nominate

1.) What was the first ARC you received?

2.) Is there a book that doesn't have a street team, but you wish it did so that you could be a part of it?

3.) Are you an emotional reader, or do books not have that affect on you? 

4.) What book did you love at one point, that you've reread recently (Or when you were a bit older) and wondered why you liked it so much?

5.) If you could make a candle for your favorite book, what would the scent be?

6.) If you could pull any fictional creature (Not human, more like the humans' companions) into our world, what/who would you choose?

7.) You're stranded on a desert island, and you find a mystical library that will let you choose only three books. One to read for fun, one to read as a survival handbook, and one to read to encourage you when things get rough on the island. What are your choices?

8.) What book has changed your life the most?

9.) If you had to get the cover of a book tattooed onto your forehead, which would you prefer to have?

10.) What is the single most challenging thing about blogging, for you personally?

11.) You have the chance to have lunch with any author in the world (Alive, dead, etc.). Who would you want to eat with? 



I Nominate...


Heidi from YA Bibliophile


Sara from Winged Reviews


Katie from Katie's Book Blog

Josiah from Josiah's Book Blog


The girls over at Dark Faerie Tales

Jon from Bookish Antics

Alexa from Alexa Loves Books

Have fun!

Also, a HUGE thank you to my favorite Canadian blogger for nominating me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment