Monday, October 19, 2015

Manic Monday: The First


Manic Monday is a weekly post at Doodle's Book Reviews that hilights the current week's TBR, the previous week's book haul(s), and any big bookish plans for the current week. Feel free to leave a comment!

Welcome to the first post for Manic Monday! As you read above, this is a weekly post where I'll spill you on any book hauls, my TBR for the week, and bookish plans (i.e. signings, conferences, meet-ups, etc.) I may have for the upcoming week. So, let's get started!




TBR:*



This week, I'll be reading MAGNUS CHASE AND THE GODS OF ASGARD, as well as DANGEROUS CREATURES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I did a lot of reading last week, where I read the entire Caster Chronicles in five days, starting BEAUTIFUL CREATURES on Monday and finishing BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION just an hour before meeting Margaret on her BLACK WIDOW: FOREVER RED tour on Friday, so I'm not shooting for a huge TBR this week. Plus, I'm reading Magnus Chase with a buddy, so it'll be a bit of a slower read than I'm used to, due to making sure we're reading the same things at the same times.




Book Haul:



Last week's haul includes the book mentioned above, DANGEROUS CREATURES, as well as book two in Ridley's series, DANGEROUS DECEPTION. Also included are Margaret Stohl's BLACK WIDOW: FOREVER RED. and the newly-released anthology AMONG THE SHADOWS, by thirteen authors, such as: Demetria Lunetta, Mindy McGinnis, Lydia Kang. THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE by Leila Sales, FIRST & THEN by the lovely Emma Mills, VIOLENT ENDS ( another anthology, by Shaun David Hutchinson, Kendare Blake, and more.), FUZZY MUD by Louis Sachar, and FRONTLINES were additions this week as well. 





Bookish Plans:
Slowly but surely, the event season is winding down. There are a few in November, but not too many, and I have 0 scheduled from now until the first of the month. If something pops up, I will definitely update you, but as of now, October = 0.


*Disclaimer: I am a MAJOR mood reader. TBR is always subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment