Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thursday Thinks: If Books Were Shoes


Everyone knows that the right pair of shoes can be the difference between a good day and a bad day. They need to be comfortable, and stylish, and just the right height, but my perfect shoe may not be the same as your perfect shoe. Everyone is different. 

Just like books. Each one is different. Each book holds a different story, a different lifestyle, and a different set of characters. Some are peaceful stories, and others are full of angst and turmoil.

This got me thinking about books and their relations to clothing. If you go onto Pinterest, you can find fan-made Ideal Outfits for countless characters from books and movies. Oftentimes, these are clothes, shoes, jewelry, and purse outfits. But what about shoes only? For me, I'll see a pair of shoes and say, "Oh, that's totally a *Insert book title* kind of shoe*". In fact, I have a pair of black lace-up leather boots that I bought specifically because they reminded me of something straight out of a Cassandra Clare novel.

So I've thought long and hard, and I decided to write up this post.

If Books Were Shoes, what would they look like?




The Fault in Our Stars by John green

If TFIOS were a pair of shoes, they would absolutely be a pair of Chucks. Not only does Hazel wear Converse most of the time, but it's just a laid-back shoe that perfectly fits Hazel's personality.




The Shadowhunters books by Cassandra Clare


If you've read any of the books from the Shadowhunter world, then you know exactly why I chose this boot. You may even be nodding and smiling right now. It screams Nephilim, and I can definitely see a few of our fierce fighting gals donning these shoes before a battle.




Front Lines by Michael Grant


Not quite combat boots, but  not quite every-day boot, these shoes are the perfect embodiment of the female soldiers we've come to know and love. There's even a pocket for a tube of lipstick... or a small knife... depending on which girl decides to wear them.




Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufmann


For such a major sci-fi, only out of this world shoes will suffice, and these definitely scream ILLUMINAE to me. I could just see people walking around amongst the stars in these heels, strutting their stellar stuff.



The Splintered Series by A.G. Howard



As soon as I saw these, I thought of Alyssa Gardner and her talking bugs. I could see her traipsing around Wonderland in these heels, though I imagine she doesn't do much walking down there.



Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan


I honestly don't know how you could be a modern-day demigod without buying a pair of these hand-painted TOMS to wear at Camp. Not only are they great for Camp spirit, but they also perfectly match the tshirt, and while Aphrodite's daughters may not love the orange on orange, I think it's perfect.



Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling



What witch wouldn't wear these? School pride! House Representation! And the best part is that they can be worn with jeans, and then the crest will be hidden from any muggle eyes when worn away from school.



Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Lena. She would definitely wear these ironically and let it be a running joke with Ethan. Typical witch shoes for your atypical Caster.


These are just a few of the products of my brainstormation (Yep, made that up). What shoes have you seen and immediately related to a book or set of characters? Let me know down below.

Happily,
Stephanie




No comments:

Post a Comment