Friday, June 5, 2015

Review: ENCORE TO AN EMPTY ROOM by Kevin Emerson


     After finishing EXILE last summer, I was having a hard time waiting for ENCORE TO AN EMPTY ROOM to come out. I was fortunate enough to meet Kevin Emerson last fall at LitConf, and of course I told him how much I loved his book, and he was kind enough to send me an ARC of book two later that year. I was absolutely stoked to crack into it, and book two did not disappoint.
     After finding the first tape from Eli, Dangerheart is walking on a tightrope. There are more tapes out there-- or so they hope-- but juggling school, gigs, finding the tapes, and an offer they might not be able to refuse may be too much for even a group like themselves. Not to mention, Summer is struggling with college decisions, her parents wanting something for her that she's not sure she wants herself, and she finds herself between a rock and a hard place. She must choose-- Music, finding Eli's lost tapes, and Caleb... or college, and building a life for herself.
     A fantastic sequel, ENCORE explores so much of the band life that I was left (Once again) wishing that I, too, were in a band. It's the perfect mash-up of music, romance, and mystery, and I definitely hold this one high on my rec list. I give it a four star review, and sincerely hop ethat you guys will check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment