Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Review: The Taking by Kimberly Derting

     This book. Absolutely loved it. I was hooked from the very beginning, and there wasn't a single moment that I wanted to put it down, or even pause to get up for food. If you can get your hands on this book, I strongly recommend it.
     Kyra Agnew  is just a normal girl- the star of the softball team, who has an amazing best friend and the perfect guy- but that changes one night when she gets into an argument with her dad and makes him stop the car. Angry, Kyra gets out, and trips, falling down an embankment. She sees a flash of white light, and then...

     She wakes up five years later.

     Her boyfriend is off to college with her best friend leading the life that was supposed to be Kyra's. Everything has changed, and she doesn't like it, and worse than that, she just might be falling for her boyfriend's kid brother, who isn't such a kid anymore. But maybe, just maybe, Kyra isn't the only one who's seen the flash... And just maybe, she isn't the only one who woke up in another time.
     I can honestly say, without a shadow of doubt, that this is one of my favorite books of the year so far. I can't wait for it to come out and be enjoyed by all of you, because I know it'll go great places. Hats off to Kimberly Derting *Removes hat*. I'm ready and waiting for book two.

1 comment:

  1. I love Kimberly Derting and I'm really excited to start reading the new series!

    ReplyDelete